Thursday 17 June 2021

Haddenham Art Market

Last Saturday I had the pleasure taking part in my first public event for 18 months.  It was held at Haddenham Arts Centre, which has a lovely café, artists studios and a marquee with 15+ local makers showing their work.  It felt strange at first to be setting up my display; had I remembered to pack everything? Was anyone going to come? Did people still want to buy my work?

Meadow Hare and Wicken Fen Wind Pump

Anyway, it all turned out well.  I sold these two originals, as well as cards, coasters and tea towels. I spoke with many new customers, some returning ones and even an old school friend I haven't seen for 40 years - he was still recognisable even behind the face masks we had to wear inside.

Now it's time to start preparing for Cambridge Open Studios, which starts on 3rd July 2021.

No comments :